1Zpresso JE Plus is back

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
wormraper

#1: Post by wormraper »

Amazon has the JE Plus S in stock right now

https://www.amazon.com/1Zpresso-Extreme ... 07ZT6G1XY/

and 1zpresso has the JE-plus (without the folding handle) as well

https://1zpresso.coffee/product/jeplus/

I know it was sort of an espresso gem before they discontinued it and replaced with the J-max, but I figured I'd let people know.

I grabbed one this morning from 1zpresso direct to compliment by J-max so I'm curious to see how the two differ with the Italmill burrs on the JE-Plus.

EDIT: according to 1zpresso CS the JE-Plus no longer comes with Italmill burrs anymore, but with the 1zpresso in house coated burrs

wormraper (original poster)

#2: Post by wormraper (original poster) »

got my JE-Plus in today and started dialing in shots using a medium dark Bolivian coffee.

holy crap, the older posts describing this as making very syrupy, creamy and sweet shots were NOT lying. I know that 1zpresso is usuing their own in house burrs vs. the Italmill burrs of the old version, but they visually appear to clone said burrs down to the last detail and the results seem similar if not identical.

I still need a couple of clicks to dial in, but this is pulling some seriously goopy/syrupy dark shots that is making for an INCREDIBLE latte/Capp and I've only had it for a couple of shots lol. Compared to my J-max it's a similar but still distincly "different" taste. the J-max is very precise, very good body, with a nice crips taste to it. the JE-plus is similar in the taste of how much it extracts, but it is distinctly sweeter and more creamy.

DEFINITELY happy with my decision to sell one of my two J-max's and buy this when I saw 1zpresso brought it back into the U.S. market

only nerdy thing I don't like is that the J-max catch cup is literally JUST narrow enough to turn over and be fully engulfed by the Robot's basket and I could just dump it straight in with zero over flow, but the JE-Plus is much wider so I have to be careful dumping in.... gonna try out the blind shaker and see if it works better for my robot.

Ex01

#3: Post by Ex01 »

How long does it take you to grind coffee beans? I want to know if the new je plus will grind faster than the old one or not.

Ex01

#4: Post by Ex01 »

How long does it take you to grind coffee beans? I would like to know if the new Je Plus grinds faster than the old one or not.
I can't decide whether to buy the old model or the new model.