1Zpresso + electricity = the new Femobook? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
buckersss
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by buckersss »

I'm tempted to grab this. Love the slow rpm at this price point. If using this for espresso, should the fact that this is not a step less grinder be a concern?

Jonk

#12: Post by Jonk »

No. At 8 microns per click, it's highly unlikely that you'll find yourself wanting to grind at a setting in between clicks. Instead it's easier to find exact settings.

malling

#13: Post by malling »

p4lxrich wrote:Seriously agreed on the color choices. Are these catered for 12 yr olds?
No just Asia... They just have a different taste then we do, just as Americans tend to have a different taste then Europeans and northern europeans to southern europeans (of course generalised)

Every region has its trends and designs it's incredible hard designing something that is not going to be a bit off putting in certain markets.

Yes I would prefer black to be just black, but after having living in Asia I don't necessarily think all over there feel the same way, although some have taken the Scandinavian minimalistic style to them, it's not very widespread at all.

8 microns per click is fine.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by buckersss »

I'm tempted to grab a robot and lagom mini to bring into/leave at work for espresso during the day.

I realized the Femobook isn't that much bigger, and with the promo price it seems like it's only 12.5% more expensive than the lagom mini.

Anyone have any reservations about this, other than a the colors? Anyone else pre order?

Other grinders I'd consider for work (light travel) would be the mini, jt64, varia vs3. Should I suck it up and stick to hand grinding instead? Im normally not a fan of preordering but the build quality looks fairly good on the Femobook. In lances video it's footprint is bigger than the mini, but the mini is still bigger than I expected it to be.

spressomon

#15: Post by spressomon »

Probably doesn't make a difference for your office application but I was tempted to pre-order the Femobook but the size of the power supply brick was a deal breaker for my application; use in small RV where space is precious.
No Espresso = Depresso

Capuchin Monk

#16: Post by Capuchin Monk »

malling wrote:No just Asia... They just have a different taste then we do, just as Americans tend to have a different taste then Europeans and northern europeans to southern europeans (of course generalised)

Every region has its trends and designs it's incredible hard designing something that is not going to be a bit off putting in certain markets.

Yes I would prefer black to be just black, but after having living in Asia I don't necessarily think all over there feel the same way, although some have taken the Scandinavian minimalistic style to them, it's not very widespread at all.
Yeah, the color choices are a bit.... different. But, If you find other potential buyers and do a group buy with various colors, you can swap parts with them since they are easily removed / installed. For example, black & red can swap with red so that the red becomes all red (I would approve) and the black can be black & silver which is fairly common on the consumer appliance market. :idea:
8 microns per click is fine.
Fine as in good enough or fine as in small enough?

malling

#17: Post by malling »

Capuchin Monk wrote:Yeah, the color choices are a bit.... different. But, If you find other potential buyers and do a group buy with various colors, you can swap parts with them since they are easily removed / installed. For example, black & red can swap with red so that the red becomes all red (I would approve) and the black can be black & silver which is fairly common on the consumer appliance market. :idea:

Fine as in good enough or fine as in small enough?
I think it would just be easier asking them for an entire black version lol

8micron is small enough to not cause any issues, a old stepped K30 was 10micron, other electric has 12-14micron steps the EG1 is better at 5micron.

8 micron is sufficient

raminolta

#18: Post by raminolta »

I really like the alternative color options and they all look slick. I am tired of all this BLACK/chrome/white/silver imposed upon the consumers (on so many goods not just grinders). I am however, wondering what advantage does this have over a hand grinder other than saving some calories? This is considering that the RPM is even slower than using hands. I have heard its sound and it's not pleasant. I still think this might be a better option than Niche Zero or, isn't it? What advantage does Niche have other this slightly less expensive grinder?