Levers and SO coffee - Page 10

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mogogear

#91: Post by mogogear »

Good to see you posting Karl... I for one have missed your descriptive prose
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

tianguis

#92: Post by tianguis »

Karl:

I just discovered this thread. Thanks for your wonderful observations.
Coincidentally, I've been playing with Yirg and Sumatran roasts for the last few weeks (Z & D's roaster) and very quickly came to the conclusion that the Mhandheling (from Chicane Coffee) likes a darker roast than I'm used to in order to lose some of its "wild" flavors.
I use an Elektra Leva and Wega Mini Nova and much prefer what I taste from the Elektra. I never have to pull more than two shots in a row, but I'll keep the sponge-cooling method in mind in case I do. Thanks again.

Regards,
Larry Welsh
LMWDP #108

timo888

#93: Post by timo888 »

Some delicious espresso from Novo's S.O. offerings. Their Wild Forest Tula and Adado have been excellent.

Regards
Timo

KarlSchneider

#94: Post by KarlSchneider »

tianguis wrote:Karl:

I just discovered this thread. Thanks for your wonderful observations.
Coincidentally, I've been playing with Yirg and Sumatran roasts for the last few weeks (Z & D's roaster) and very quickly came to the conclusion that the Mhandheling (from Chicane Coffee) likes a darker roast than I'm used to in order to lose some of its "wild" flavors.
I use an Elektra Leva and Wega Mini Nova and much prefer what I taste from the Elektra. I never have to pull more than two shots in a row, but I'll keep the sponge-cooling method in mind in case I do. Thanks again.

Regards,
Larry Welsh
Larry,

I also find that darker roasts make many SO's better as espresso. The Elektra MCaL remains my favorite for purity of taste. Some coffees, however, are simply far better in the Cremina. Eg., this weeks' Yemen Mattari (SM's) needs the richness. In the Elektra it is too angular. But, again, the morning Kona Kowali Typicia XP as Cafe Hermitaggio is unsurpassable in the Elektra. The most balanced coffee I can remember. Vermeer in the cup.

KS
LMWDP # 008

KarlSchneider

#95: Post by KarlSchneider »

mogogear wrote:Good to see you posting Karl... I for one have missed your descriptive prose
Hi Greg,

My new job takes more time and energy than I anticipated. I still read selected posts as I have time.

KS
LMWDP # 008

mogogear

#96: Post by mogogear »

Karl,
I have a next door neighbors daughter headed from Portland to college in Ohio. A small school ---Denison / Dennison ( sp?) Is that anywhere near you?
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067