Nurri R Type

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBob

#1: Post by BaristaBob »

I ran across this dual boiler machine the other day while searching the internet for DB espresso machines with profiling capabilities. I guess it use to be called the GTO, but Antonio renamed it the R Type once he redesigned the exterior to match the Leva L Type. One picture on Instagram is all I can find...looks sexy all right. Anyone own one of these, or knows more? My searches have come up pretty empty.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Primacog

#2: Post by Primacog »

Check out this video - although it is on the L-type SA Leva, at the 4:55 mark there is very briefly a view of the S-type which appears to be the re designed Nurri pump machine that used to be called the GTO originally in a different form. I don't have IG so was this the same machine that was called the R-Type?
LMWDP #729

BaristaBob (original poster)

#3: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) »

I believe so.

From GTO, to R Type, now S Type. It certainly keeps you guessing!? :roll:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Primacog

#4: Post by Primacog »

Admittedly the GTO was the name of an entirely different looking machine with an entirely different design altogether so changing the name was a good decision. Looks like they were undecided on which letter of the alphabet would go better with this new pump machine design.
LMWDP #729

DaveC

#5: Post by DaveC replying to Primacog »

I tested a GTO for Antonio, it was a while back now. Just over a year...it was the first one made as a prototype. It came shortly after the Leva. It was an interesting looking machine.

Primacog

#6: Post by Primacog »

Thanks for the photos. The new R type looks significantly bigger than the gto.
LMWDP #729

DaveC

#7: Post by DaveC replying to Primacog »

The GTO was quite compact...

Barriwhite

#8: Post by Barriwhite »

The version you tested was quite the stunner, and it had a much better integration of the screen than what I had seen before.

The R/S isn't as clean-looking. The big rotary knob seems unnecessary.