La Marzocco Linea Micra or VBM Domobar Super

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bman0023

#1: Post by bman0023 »

Hi all, any thoughts about these two machines?
LM Micra. Folks seem to really like it and it seems easy to use, forgiving and consistent.

I like the specs of the VBM Domobar Super though. 2L steam boiler and .5L coffee boiler. Gear pump with pressure profiling and it looks easy to program your profiles. I think they are coming out with a manual paddle soon. I love the looks of this machine and the nice E61 group and VBM is a patent holder of the original one. I am not sure of the quality though but the company has been around for a while, probably more common in Europe though. It would be nice to have such control over the shot and pressures and without the strange sound of the Decent, and also with a gear pump.

I do not like the looks of the Micra and especially the plastic portafilter and short steam wand. And most do not seem to like the app.

I am very curious to hear some thoughts about these 2 machines.

Capuchin Monk

#2: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Both are dual boilers but one with pressure profiling and the other without. It's good to have pressure profiling because you have a choice of using it or not using it. Both companies have been around long time (LM longer) and have solid reputation.

loscorrales

#3: Post by loscorrales »

bman0023 wrote:Hi all, any thoughts about these two machines?
LM Micra. Folks seem to really like it and it seems easy to use, forgiving and consistent.

I like the specs of the VBM Domobar Super though. 2L steam boiler and .5L coffee boiler. Gear pump with pressure profiling and it looks easy to program your profiles. I think they are coming out with a manual paddle soon. I love the looks of this machine and the nice E61 group and VBM is a patent holder of the original one. I am not sure of the quality though but the company has been around for a while, probably more common in Europe though. It would be nice to have such control over the shot and pressures and without the strange sound of the Decent, and also with a gear pump.

I do not like the looks of the Micra and especially the plastic portafilter and short steam wand. And most do not seem to like the app.

I am very curious to hear some thoughts about these 2 machines.

Different machines
One you pay for quality and the brand

The other is more versatile with pressure profiling (I own one)

I love both

bman0023 (original poster)

#4: Post by bman0023 (original poster) »

Thanks for the responses. They both seem very good. I thi k i would like messing around with the pressures. I dont think the vbm has cool touch steam wand and id love to upgrade that. Thanks again.

Capuchin Monk

#5: Post by Capuchin Monk »

bman0023 wrote: I dont think the vbm has cool touch steam wand and id love to upgrade that.
Take a look here :arrow: VBM Domobar Super Digital

loscorrales

#6: Post by loscorrales »

bman0023 wrote:Thanks for the responses. They both seem very good. I thi k i would like messing around with the pressures. I dont think the vbm has cool touch steam wand and id love to upgrade that. Thanks again.
Steam wand is OK, it has a rubber protection (not warm it)

I decrease steam boiler to 1,1bar you can adjust it up to 1,4bar but I steam 300ml in 15" at 1,1bar

Mine is vbm domobar super electronic (programmed and manual profilling too)

bman0023 (original poster)

#7: Post by bman0023 (original poster) »

Ok, thanks. So it is a cool touch version then? I think I will get the digital one which is more manual. That is very fast then for steam.
Thanks

cameronreddy

#8: Post by cameronreddy »

Any updates from use of the machine?