Mahlkonig E65 GBW, E80 GBW or Mythos II GBW

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
charlesaf3

#1: Post by charlesaf3 »

Thanks to my previous post I think I've narrowed down the grinder upgrade path to go to grind by weight - it will either be the Mahlkonig e65 GBW, the Mahlkonig E80gbw, or the Mythos II gbw.

It seems the only differences between the Mahlkonigs are the burr sets. Is the 80 worth it for some reason over a 65?

And between the mythos and the Mahlkonig, which will be the most accurate for GBW?

Is the Mythos anti clumping worth it? The cooling doesn't seem to be in a home environment

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

The disadvantage of the Mahlkonig 80 verses the 65 would be that the larger the diameter of the burrs the greater the possible misalignment at the outer perimeter, as well as greater retention of stale ground coffee and coffee wastage due to purging.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

NewCoffeeGuy1

#3: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 replying to BaristaBoy E61 »

Not to mention over $1000 :)

lagoon

#4: Post by lagoon »

charlesaf3 wrote:Thanks to my previous post I think I've narrowed down the grinder upgrade path to go to grind by weight - it will either be the Mahlkonig e65 GBW, the Mahlkonig E80gbw, or the Mythos II gbw.

It seems the only differences between the Mahlkonigs are the burr sets. Is the 80 worth it for some reason over a 65?
What sort of volume will you be doing? The 80 is designed for higher throughput

charlesaf3 (original poster)

#5: Post by charlesaf3 (original poster) »

very little.. 4-6 doubles a day