Good tamper for Sage/Breville Duo Temp Pro

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Vocchi

#1: Post by Vocchi »

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

I recently got my first espresso setup with a Duo Temp Pro and 1zpresso J-Max. I live in Italy and up to now I bought everything on Amazon (which is relevant as I don't know which other sellers I can trust).
Finding nice IMS baskets for the Duo Temp was easy, but I'm having a pretty frustrating experience with the tamper. While nominally 54 mm, the portafilter is actually a bit smaller so 53 mm tampers are loose and 54 mm tampers don't fit.
It looks like the correct size should be 53.3, but amazon.it only has sketchy no reviews products or the very expensive Normcore spring loaded tamper at that size.
So, getting to the point: can someone suggest a well-fitting tamper from a reputable seller that ships to Italy, or alternatively talk me into buying the Normcore tamper?
I feel like the suboptimal tamper is occasionally damaging my shots, and having to triple check for evenness is definitely damaging my enjoyment of the process.

Thanks for reading and any input is welcome!

Westchester

#2: Post by Westchester »

I don't have the 53.3 tamper but I have the 58.5 Normcore tamper and am very happy with it for my Breville dual Boiler. If I had a different Breville I would definitely buy the appropriately sized Normcore tamper.

Advertisement
Deephaven

#3: Post by Deephaven »

I am also using the larger normcore and would recommend it. It made it so my wife can tamp which was never the case before

Vocchi (original poster)

#4: Post by Vocchi (original poster) »

Thanks for the answers! I'll get the Normcore then. Deephaven, good point about the wife, I'm trying to get her into the hobby and obviously the manual grinder is the biggest chocke point but that's one less problem.