Cimbali Jr grinder disassembly

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Clueless1

#1: Post by Clueless1 »

I'm stumped by what seems to be the simplest of tasks. Does anybody have any idea how to remove the wires from this indicator? I've tried a jewelers screwdriver in the hoke thinking there was a tab bug I'm getting nowhere. Have people cut the wires to detach the motor ?

bgnome

#2: Post by bgnome »

Pretty sure there's a tab in there on both sides. The colored housing should pull straight off.

Clueless1 (original poster)

#3: Post by Clueless1 (original poster) »

There is, I just haven't been able to get it to budge. Maybe this is a two person job????

#4: Post by Clueless1 (original poster) »

Two person job.

ira
Team HB

#5: Post by ira »

The picture is pretty fuzzy, but it looks like there is a black tab to press in, likely another one on the other side and you likely need to press them together. If you have a piece of wood and a nail, put the nail in the wood so it pokes out the other side about 1/4 inch. now use that to press one tab while you use another nail to press the other. If you have a universal snap ring pliers with bent tips, you might be able to orient the bent tips to point at each other and then if you're lucky you'd have a proper removal pliers, something like this:

https://www.harborfreight.com/snap-ring ... 63938.html

#6: Post by Clueless1 (original poster) »

Yes I ended up disassembling exactly that way ... I did need somebody to pull on the wire while I used two screwdrivers; your ideas both seem like they would've been easier.

My next question: does the motor case screw off counter clockwise once the four long bots are removed (to get to the bearings)?