Distilled water shortage in Florida

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
cmin

#1: Post by cmin »

Well it's getting harder to find distilled in FL now to make your own. Nobody has had any for 2 weeks and that's been happening sporadically last few months. Not even Publix, I managed to get just 1 gallon of some company called Pure Life never seen here for distilled at almost $3 gallon wtf lol. And I'm over driving around multiple stores miles everywhere just to try to find since if you call store workers don't seem to know the difference and I keep being told yes for distilled only to find out there's none.

Any bottled recommendations? I have Niagara Spring Water I use for the pets, and cooking (pizza dough etc). Obviously you never use FL nasty hard lime tap water for anything, not even washing vehicles lol.

TallDan

#2: Post by TallDan »

Check your grocery stores for a RO water dispenser. My closest option is a Whole Foods, but I've seen them in other stores. I think mine charges 59 cents a gallon.

coolguy121

#3: Post by coolguy121 »

Honestly the easiest to do (albeit expensive) is to buy countertop RO system with "unlimited" water supply.

cmin (original poster)

#4: Post by cmin (original poster) »

TallDan wrote:Check your grocery stores for a RO water dispenser. My closest option is a Whole Foods, but I've seen them in other stores. I think mine charges 59 cents a gallon.
Yeah Whole Foods does, but that's the other side of the city. But I'm moving currently. May be the only option, just rarely go there since I have Wild Fork, Publix, Trader Joe's right by me.

daveR1
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by daveR1 »

Shortages have also happened here in Salt Lake City. I've settled on buying from Target @ $1.19/gal. They go out of stock regularly so I check stock of various locations before I get in the car. Grocery stores nearby have been more hit or miss & cost close to $3/gal, so they're last resort when desperate.

cmin (original poster)

#6: Post by cmin (original poster) replying to daveR1 »

Yeah I bought a gallon and it was about $3, more than any other actual drinking water. Only things more were the fancy electrolyte etc bottles. Used to buy for less than a buck or around a buck for the Niagara distilled. Not that I can't afford it, my brain was just like wtf $3 for this?

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Pressino »

It's exactly for situations like this that in another thread I suggested in a prior thread getting a small stovetop water still for use at home, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Roots-Branches-V ... r_hp_atf_m
★ Helpful

JamesB517

#8: Post by JamesB517 »

Try getting a ZeroWater filter online (seen them at Target here in SoCal lately, too), or check your grocery for an RO or Deionized dispenser.
Life is like a shot of espresso. You never know what you're gonna get.

hudsterboy

#9: Post by hudsterboy »

cmin wrote: Any bottled recommendations? I have Niagara Spring Water I use for the pets, and cooking (pizza dough etc). Obviously you never use FL nasty hard lime tap water for anything, not even washing vehicles lol.
I'm having a lot of trouble as well. One day I went to three Publix, 2 Walgreens and Target (all places I've had recent luck), but no dice. Then I tried Winn Dixie, and was surprised to find plenty of distilled water, in gallon and 2.5 gallon bottles. I've been back a few times and they always have it.

frogboy2727

#10: Post by frogboy2727 »

I just came back, from my local Shoprite grocery store. They only allow you, to purchase 2 gallons, per visit.