Ceado E37k versus E92 - Improvements

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
espresso2018

#1: Post by espresso2018 »

Hi - I own a ceado e92 grinder. Ceado has since released an updated version called the Ceado E37k.

While I am very happy with the grinder (fast, quiet, low rpm, fluffy grinds) i do find the lower burr chamber holds a lot of grinds.

Is anyone familiar with the changes made to the grinder in the newer version. I was looking at the parts diagram and seems like the grinds sweeper and lower burr chamber may have been redesigned.

Appreciate anyone willing to share their knowledge. Thank you!

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by buckersss »

I don't have either of these. However, I found after I upgraded to the worm gear - from the slider - on my Ceado 83mm, it is a whole new grinder.

On the flat burr the upgrade piece is available for $300usd. It doesn't look like it's available for the conical burrs on the E92 though. There is $1400usd difference in price between the e92 and e37K. I'm not sure I'd say it's worth it, but I will say that I found the slider unusable. Perhaps it can be loosened, or loosens up with time. I didn't wait long to find out. Do you find the slider hard to operate on the E92?

Also, any chance you would be willing to either: take a picture of the bottom of your E92, or identify the max current draw in Amps on the bottom electrical label? Ty!

espresso2018 (original poster)

#3: Post by espresso2018 (original poster) »

That is certainly good to know.

I will look into whether or not I can upgrade to the quick set worm gear (i believe it is possible but have not confirmed).

i have it in storage right now so cannot take a picture of the bottom but will do so and share when it comes out of storage. I will say the grinder is VERY quiet, grind VERY fast, but is still somehow on lower end of rpm vs competition.

I think the lower price on the e92 is just because one or two retailers are clearing old inventory. Think i paid more but cannot remember.

Thank you for the response!