Lelit Bianca V3 - is the Solenoid valve adjustable, DIY upgrade?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Deephaven

#1: Post by Deephaven »

Hoping the valve is adjustable. From the videos from Lelit it doesn't seem to be, but I don't have one to take apart. I did some searching on their parts diagram and it looks like basically a dual circuit solenoid, ie one for low flow and one for normal flow. I cannot find a pic of the US spec part, the European one is pictured here:

If not, I would assume one could basically take two full flow solenoids and put a needle valve after one and fundamentally mod their E61 into slayer like adjustability?

Asking as I am contemplating either upgrading my machine with some DIY mods or replacing it. For the SO I need something "automated" and not another lever to pull. Couldn't find any details on what Lelit is doing and figured I am not the only one who is interested.

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Looks like it's a binary choice of either full opened or full closed but I like the idea of an inline needle valve.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Advertisement
Deephaven (original poster)

#3: Post by Deephaven (original poster) »

Based on the 1st line video I just saw the second solenoid is for returning water to the steam boiler. I would assume then this isn't related to the low flow setting. Curious how it is done? Anyone have thoughts?