Lelit Anna PL41TEM not heating except in steam mode

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
sjdirks

#1: Post by sjdirks »

Hi all,
I have a Lelit Anna PL41TEM that is now about 5 years old which suddenly stopped heating. The PID does not show anything anymore and is just off, although the orange "ready" light is turned on. Interestingly, the machine does heat up when I switch it to steam mode (although the PID still does not turn on or show anything), but not when the machine is set to the normal coffee mode.
I already replaced the heating element and the two thermostats but that didn't help unfortunately. Before I start ordering more replacement parts, I just wanted to see if any of you have any idea of what the problem could be.

patcof1

#2: Post by patcof1 »

sjdirks wrote:Hi all,
I have a Lelit Anna PL41TEM that is now about 5 years old which suddenly stopped heating.
Does your 165 °C safety thermostat have a small button in the center? After first unplugging the machine power cable, did you already try pressing this small button on the 165 °C safety thermostat?
If the boiler exceeds 165°C degrees Celsius, this thermostat will trip, cutting power off from the element.