Lelit Elizabeth plastic water tank (reservoir)

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
chanty 77

#1: Post by chanty 77 »

Love this machine, but no matter where you have this machine positioned, it is a pain in the butt trying to get the water tank out of the machine. My husband said, 'Whoever designed this water tank should be hung by their n...' (fill in the blanks) The tank is cruddy plastic, and it is such a very, very (did I say VERY???) tight fit, you have this fear every time removing it--but ESPECIALLY putting the tank back in of ripping the plastic intake & outtake tubes. Plus once you get the tank out of the machine, you literally struggle & fight with it trying to get it back in the machine. It's no wonder I don't clean it out real often.

For what they charge for this machine, Lelit should have come up with a better reservoir/water tank by now. Obviously, they don't care because I know I'm not the only one that has gone directly to the company &complained to no avail.

Vent done.

mklasse

#2: Post by mklasse replying to chanty 77 »

I agree completely. The water reservoir in MaraX is much much better designed (although still positioned at the back of the machine). Even now Anna/Anita line has water tank similar to MaraX with wide top opening and retractable handles to pull out the tank. I wonder why the more expensive "VIP line" machines (Grace, Victoria, Kate, Elizabeth) don't get the same treatment.
I find most Italian brands at this price range has awkard water reservoir system (unless you go to Linea mini territory), the appliance-grade machines like the Breville dual boiler has better implementation in this regard. It has the ability to be filled from the front, and if you need to access the back, there is a locking wheel mechanism that you can just unlock and move the machine freely.

When I bought the Elizabeth, I haven't done much research about the Breville, since Lelit has official distributor and service where I live, while Breville doesn't (which means I have to rely to the shop that sold it to me in terms of support and warranty).. and I heard Breville machines are harder to repair by 3rd party.

chanty 77 (original poster)

#3: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to mklasse »

That's really the only issue I've had with the Elizabeth. I will have owned it two years the end of June 2023. There is a German company that makes a water tank to with a larger opening that works with the Elizabeth. Lelit said it would work, but it is over $40. https://espressokultur.at/produkt/lelit ... -und-pl92/ for their PL92 (Elizabeth) machine?

mklasse

#4: Post by mklasse replying to chanty 77 »

That's wonderful to know the machine is reliable :) do you clean the water tank often? I use bottled water on mine, but I heard you still need to clean them regularly.

#5: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to mklasse »

I'm guilty....probably don't clean it like I should because it is so hard to get out, but even harder to get back in the machine. When I do, I was told by the vendor to use equal amounts of vinegar with water to clean. Dish soap could remain in the plastic.

dfuller

#6: Post by dfuller »

The vast majority of tank fed machines have the res in a very awkward, annoying place. The only exceptions I know of are LM, La Spaziale, and Gaggia - where the tanks are front accessible.

So, know you're not alone on that one.

#7: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to dfuller »

I had a Gaggia Classic for probably about 10 years. Loved it until I got the Elizabeth. Now I really, really love my Elizabeth (except for the water res). Loved the easy slide out from the front res on the Gaggia.

Wouldn't one think that the more you pay for a machine, that the placement of the res, little quarter size hole to dump water in would be something they should have thought of? Rocket science it is not.