Artisan data manipulation - SR800

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Microfiche

#1: Post by Microfiche »

Just started roasting recently with a Fresh Roast SR800, am am at roast 21 now. After a few roasts I decided to start using Artisan and go the Phidget and thermocouples route, because I am a data freak. However, there are a lot of moving pieces to keep track of during the roast and of course nothing other than the thermocouple temperature is being recorded automatically, so I am so far often missing things like hitting Charge, or moving the sliders I have set up for the fan and heat settings. I also keep a manual recording sheet and take a video of the roast at this point, so I can go back and see if I missed recording something etc.
So, looking for some help in fixing my Artisan roast data for posterity. In particular...
  • How do I shift the time if I forgot to hit Charge, or started recording late
  • How do I add events like changing the fan to 9 or the heat to 4
I am guessing the best way would be to export the data, fix it, and re-import it, but what format works best?
Also - how do I add events to each record - are they separated with a tab?
When I export to Artisan CSV, it doesn't look like the events are included, though they (sort of?) are in Excel, but not all of them?

Here is a sample where I hit charge 18 seconds after I started the roast...

MaKoMo

#2: Post by MaKoMo »

The event table can be edited (menu Roast >> Properties). You can right-click on the BT to set/reset the main events.

Please read the documentation, the Artisan blog and post your questions on the Artisan discussion forums.