Seeking experiences with Titus Nimbus grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Elliot

#1: Post by Elliot »

I know it's relatively new, so perhaps no one has used one yet, but...

Anyone have a Nimbus from Titus?

CrabRangoon

#2: Post by CrabRangoon »

Still haven't seen any posts from Nimbus owners on HB, but I'd imagine that surely at least some members here have one. I'm not terribly clear on Nimbus vs Nautilus as the Nautilus is offered in two heights and the price between each is so close?

I am not terribly active on IG and I didn't see anywhere else that information about the two is offered, sorry to be so uninformed :oops:
LMWDP #505

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

The Nautilus is 98mm EK43 bolt pattern with no pre-breaker. The usual burrs supplied work best at light roasts:
- for brew: current MK reground to pre-2015, SSP Brew;
- for espresso: SSP HU.

Titus' first grinder, now-named Hybrid 68, is "better" at medium and darker roasts for espresso.

People kept asking for one grinder to "do it all," so there is the Nimbus. The grinder is physically smaller than the Nautilus. From Frank Durra's IG - :
The 75mm SSP with 45mm prebreaker does a great job (compromise) for ALL brewing methods and ALL roast levels. Equipped with 75mm SSP Anfim Super Caimano burrs, which gave us the best result compared to all 74mm and 75mm burrs we tested.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

CrabRangoon

#4: Post by CrabRangoon »

Thank you. When I'd inquired I was given pricing but not specs and a black Nautilus or Nimbus were offered at the same price.

I have the Monolith Flat with SSP burr set (before current Shuriken sets were on offer). I had considered a Titus or Flat Max as an upgrade and it sounds as if that is the right direction to take if I do pursue an upgrade after all.
LMWDP #505