Bezzera B2000 panel upgrade?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
JDMX1

#1: Post by JDMX1 »

Hello friends,

Someone I know is selling this at a pretty reasonable price and I was considering picking it up.
Can anyone let tell me what it would take to replace the manual switches with automatic buttons?

Ive checked the bezzera website and searched for parts but I'm kind of at a loss here.
Thank you!

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

I think this is what the front panel originally looked like:

https://www.manua.ls/bezzera/b2000/manual?p=25

And if you can find the panels, you'll need to connect them, something like this:

https://www.manua.ls/bezzera/b2000/manual?p=55

I'm guessing the auto broke and was to expensive to bother fixing so they just added buttons to replace all the electronics.

Giampiero

#3: Post by Giampiero »

It should be useful ( for you) to know what was the original issue that forced to replace the keyboards with the manual switches.
Another useful detail should be to know if the machine still have installed the electronic board to at least auto refill the boiler, that model it has a manual refill boiler valve, and in case the electronic board is missed or badly defective, you can only manually refill the boiler.
As well depend if the machine still have installed the 2 flowmeters.

JRising
Team HB

#4: Post by JRising »

See if you can find all of the needed parts to be available, consider the price of them added to the price of the machine, consider how much time you'd be willing to spend turning that into what you'd want it to be.

Assume it will need new button pads & boards, a new powerboard/logicboard/Doser, perhaps the flow meter if it was ripped out, etc.

In my opinion, it's not worth it unless you want to buy what it is. Buying what you imagine it could be with a years work and $2000 in parts is a huge gamble. If it was worth anything, why would someone sell it cheap? Though maybe you know more about its history than we do.