La Marzocco GS3 MP 2017 - Maintenance & Issues

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Gataros

#1: Post by Gataros »

Hello everyone,

I have my GS3 MP from 2017, the one with the new conical valve.

The GS3 has never had any service until today ( i know that i should have, however it was running until now almost perfectly), however today i believe i had an indication that the machine needs to go soon for service.

1 year ago the tea wand started not functioning properly, meaning the flow is decreased and the water coming out is not 90c, morelike close to lukewarm (you can touch it with the hand without getting burned), however since i never used the tea wand, i let it as it was.

The GS3 opens on schedule every morning at 06:30am, in order for me to use it at 07:30am. Today, when i approached the machine, i noticed a ''struggling'' noise coming from the inside, as if water or pressure is trying to reach the coffee boiler, while the coffee boiler pressure gauge remained to zero (although after 1hour idling, it should have been to 9-10bar).

I tried to move/open the paddle to the left, however pressure gauge didnt engage, neither water came out from the group, only the struggling noise intensified, then i closed the paddle immediately. I engaged the tea wand, as i know water from the coffee boiler mixes with normal water, i had the idea that somehow the coffee boiler could wake up.

Indeed, pressure to the coffee boiler did rise to normal levels again and the machine is functioning as normal. As the machine is now still warm, if i close the machine and open it again, for a brief moment, this struggling noise comes again, however the pressure of the coffee boiler rises normally. I believe if it turns cold, the same issue will re-appear again.

The GS3 is not plumbed and i have been using bottled water of 100 TDS for the first 3 years, from the 4th year onwards i have been using Pentair Everpure 75E reverse osmosis system, having constant 80-90 TDS on my water.

As i will take it to service, do you have any indication, whether first of all its dangerous to use it at the moment (small kids in the house) and generally what could be the diagnosis of the issues mentioned above?

Many thanks for your time!
Bill