Buying a used early model La Marzocco Linea Mini

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
mfj02

#1: Post by mfj02 »

I have the opportunity to pick up a used LMLM at a decent price as it needs a few repairs. It's an early model, manufactured in 2015 and the serial number shows its the ~300th machine manufactured. Is there any teething problems to be aware of with the very early models? Quality concerns or common problems? I know it won't have the IoT pcb, I'll retro fit this.

Jaroslav

#2: Post by Jaroslav replying to mfj02 »

There aren't any known (widespread) issues with the Linea Mini. Early units are as good as latest units in terms of quality, it should be good to go as long as the previous owners followed proper preventive maintenance.

What's the price? What needs to be repaired?
Jaroslav

mfj02 (original poster)

#3: Post by mfj02 (original poster) replying to Jaroslav »

That's reassuring, thanks! I'm still negotiating price, will update this thread when I have!

Jaroslav

#4: Post by Jaroslav replying to mfj02 »

Alright! They are reliable, I hope you score a good deal. I highly suggest going through Sprometheus's videos on the Linea Mini (multi-year reviews, is it worth it, moving on to GS3...) as he's really honest about his experience. He also has a 2015 model (I think).
Jaroslav

sluflyer06

#5: Post by sluflyer06 »

I will 2nd that the LMLM was pretty well sorted from the get-go, if it was used with good water then you should be good to go. I had mine for 5.5 years and 8000 shots, and now my buddy has my machine and it's going strong. Really just the IoT board is the only change I can think of.