ECM Synchronika leaking

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Prodigy

#1: Post by Prodigy »

The small drip piece on the front of the machine under/behind the main group. I forget the name of it, but when the vacuum breaker washer fails, steam comes out of this. When my machine is cold and not on, water is constantly dripping from this spot. I just did an extensive rebuild, and replaced the washer on the vacuum breaker because it was failing again. (Has failed like 4 times in a year now and went over 3 years before it ever failed when I purchased it.) I replaced almost all the internal components, washers, etc.

I'll probably call into WLL tomorrow but wanted to post here and see if anyone else has had this issue. It does not seem common and Google has not helped me much. Thanks for any help!

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

Is the machine plumbed in? with pressure reducing valve and filter? It's most likely the expansion valve is failing if it drips constantly, but also odd the the antivac failed so many times ...

Advertisement
Prodigy (original poster)

#3: Post by Prodigy (original poster) replying to kitt »

It is plumbed in. I have well water so pressure is actually on the lower end. It does have an ewt filter with pressure regulator though. Is the expansion valve easy to access and replace?

kitt

#4: Post by kitt »

The drain fitting has a silicon hose connected behind it, follow that up to a tee fitting. From there are 2 hoses, one goes to the antivac on the steam boiler, the other goes to the expansion valve by the brew boiler. If you remove both the hoses, it should indicate which one is leaking . The expansion valve should be factory set to 12 bar.

#5: Post by Prodigy (original poster) »

It's the expansion valve. I found another post with the same issue. Luckily it's a $2 part to replace. Thanks for all the help!

bobkat
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by bobkat »

It is good for you that you can fix the problem. I am no expert, but I wonder if your water is causing the problems you are having.

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Pressino »

Prodigy wrote:It is plumbed in. I have well water so pressure is actually on the lower end. It does have an ewt filter with pressure regulator though. Is the expansion valve easy to access and replace?
Do you know what the pressure regulator is set at? 2 to 2.5 bar is generally recommended (1bar=14.5psi). Higher pressures can promote leaks. Depending on the water pump, well water pressure in the house plumbing system can easily exceed 50psi.

Advertisement

#8: Post by Prodigy (original poster) »

It's set to max pressure that i have available, which is getting me like 2.25 bar. I thought it was leaking past the opv, but it's actually the fill solenoid. Brew boiler is overfilling and dripping out the top. I took it apart and cleaned it. How do I know if it needs to be replaced?