1Zpresso + electricity = the new Femobook?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

This new 68mm conical Taiwanese grinder is showing up on a lot of influencer channels. Some of the people behind Femobook used to be at 1zpresso, but the companies are different. There certainly are aesthetic similarities, for better or worse.

Pricing is unknown, but will probably be announced at the Taiwan coffee show at the end of November.

No doubt there will be more reviews coming, but here's one from The Coffee Chronicler, which I think is one of the best YouTube channels on coffee (17:46 long)
ETA: 'best' means that he doesn't seem to say weird stuff, doesn't say things that appear to violate what little I know about physics, chemistry, statistics, and food science, and I generally agree with his opinions and evaluations - where I have an opinion or have used the equipment/method myself. I'm not referring to production or presentation qualities.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

ojt

#2: Post by ojt »

baldheadracing wrote:The Coffee Chronicler, which I think is one of the best YouTube channels
Definitely refreshing to listen to someone with such a neutral approach in these times of massive exaggeration and hype. At least he's not trying to be cool.

As for the grinder, sure why not, good competition for the Niche and DFxx. And why not for Weber too like the video mentioned. Not going to be for me but I can see why many would love it.
Osku

thirdcrackfourthwave

#3: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave »

Web site and current exchange rates have the pre-order at about 540 USD. https://femobook.myshopify.com/products ... ee-grinder

LObin

#4: Post by LObin »

And... They officially have opted the worst color options I could think of. How can folks that have worked on some of the best looking hand grinders ever designed, have agreed to this :shock:

Unless they're targeting Marvel fans... "I've waited so long to find a grinder to complete my green goblin coffee bar theme!".

Doesn't do it for me.
LMWDP #592

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by Milligan »

I saw this on Hoon's Coffee recently. It seemed too over-designed. The bean slide wrapping around seems like it may jam eventually with beans. All the little magnetic do-dads are a bit much for me. I can see coffee grinds getting into all those crevices and parts in the future and be annoying to clean. I didn't care for how they copied and paste the same font for the grinder adjustment numbers from 1Zpresso. Supposedly the coffee tastes pretty good though.

I get how the Lagom Mini needs a power brick but the Femobook is a larger unit so having a power brick on it doesn't make as much sense. Then there is the name :?:

p4lxrich

#6: Post by p4lxrich »

Seriously agreed on the color choices. Are these catered for 12 yr olds?

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#7: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

thirdcrackfourthwave wrote:Web site and current exchange rates have the pre-order at about 540 USD. https://femobook.myshopify.com/products ... ee-grinder
Colourways aside, the introductory pre-sale price is great at about $620USD ($840CAD) with shipping to USA/Canada.

That's about 30% of the price of a Key shipped to the USA. The last of the (USA-built) Pharos are $382USD shipped within the USA.

I'd consider getting one, but I have too many grinders :oops:.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

thirdcrackfourthwave

#8: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave »

At first blush, I'd take this over the Lagom Mini but will see what the experts say. ;) I don't know if I have too many grinders but I have enough for DW and these things are hard to hide.

oh8282b

#9: Post by oh8282b »

There is a lot of information released from some Taiwan forums, however, there is another conical grinder that is going to publish as well called Aries. :?:

Actually, you can see some information from this forum, :?
https://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.ph ... &t=6686837

But the webpage is based in Chinese, but you can see the grinder pictures through the website. Features are 83mm conical burrs, quick release, 5 different speeds of RPMs, and auto-stop function.

I would like to know does anyone know this grinder already.

LewBK

#10: Post by LewBK »