New Timemore Electric Brew Grinder with RPM Control

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
LewBK

#1: Post by LewBK »

Never seen one quite like this: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568044 ... sIgdRfOet1
It looks like it has something similar to ghost burrs, but not exactly, RPM control and a rather sleek look overall. Anyone try one?

marcism

#2: Post by marcism »

The link doesn't work it seems :(

iakaox

#3: Post by iakaox »

The link works for me, but never seen anything like this...
I tend to be suspicious of aliexpress items. How would you get a repair on this machine? I reckon you either do it yourself, or throw it in the bin.

Corgo

#4: Post by Corgo »

Last pic has time more written out as two words on the product box instead of one word of timemore. This looks like a reskin of fellow ode to me with more control?

jbviau
Supporter ★

#5: Post by jbviau »

There's been some chatter about this grinder on Discord (e.g. Espresso Aficionados) with a focus on the hybrid ghost burrs, but I haven't seen any actual reviews. I like the RPM control. Why 220V? Not sure.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by Milligan »

Looks like a Fuji-clone with design aesthetics of a Fellow Ode.

Looks awfully similar to something like this (even the burrs) without the "Timemore" name:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568027 ... 34905993_3

LewBK (original poster)

#7: Post by LewBK (original poster) »

The hybrid burrs are unusual, looking like traditional burrs on the inner ring and ghost burrs on the outer one. Their ad claims there are actually three layers to them and that they're unique to this grinder. They also say they have a patented powder removal system to reduce retention. Of course, ads often say a lot of things.

boren

#8: Post by boren »

jbviau wrote:Why 220V? Not sure.
It's specified as 220V~240V, which is the voltage range used in most countries. I guess they don't target the north American or Japanese market at this stage.