Best Grind + Brew / Super-Automatic Machine for Parents

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
dicegames

#1: Post by dicegames »

I've read other posts about the downsides of super auto (grind + brew) but my parents want to leave Keurig (finally!) to another auto machine. They don't care about milk drinks so no frothier required (black coffee only).

I'm looking at Juras, Brevilles and Delonghi, but can anyone recommend a good option?

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

The topic comes up from time to time here. You'll need to filter out the "can't make good espresso with a super-automat" parts, given that it sounds like this is already a big step for them. One recent thread is Super Automatics

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

Do they want espresso or black coffee? For the former, see the thread that Jeff posted. For the latter: Suggestion for drip coffee maker with built in burr grinder
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

dicegames (original poster)

#4: Post by dicegames (original poster) »

thanks @jeff, hadn't seen that thread.

@baldheadracing Black coffee, but ideally with single serve vs pot

baldheadracing
Team HB

#5: Post by baldheadracing »

dicegames wrote:Black coffee, but ideally with single serve vs pot
See the Breville in the thread that I linked to. It does both (immersion for single serve, pourover for a pot). As the machine does immersion for single serve, it isn't as fast as Keurig, which may be a factor for your parents:
The main thing is to keep the machine clean; with some disassembly required. That's true of any machine, but especially true when grinding happens in the same machine as brewing. You'll see loads of negative reviews by people who expected the machine to handle Keurig-levels of non-maintenance - so if your parents are expecting/needing that, then I don't think that any grind+brew machine (that has a decent grinder) will work in the long run.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada