Kaleido M10 Pro - Artisan issue

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Nate L2

#1: Post by Nate L2 »

Hello,

My M10 Pro came with a tablet with Artisan software loaded and configured. For months, everything was working well and I was roasting 1kg every couple weeks for personal consumption. Then, the tablet's software said it was time to upgrade. When that happened, Artisan stopped working on it. I cannot get Artisan to work at all. The M10 Pro connects, but as soon as I try to launch Artisan, it locks up.

I downloaded Artisan to my laptop and iPad, but cannot get it and the M10 Pro connected. I'm assuming this is because Kaleido is not a recognized brand within Artisan. I cannot figure out what's going on here and Kaleido is zero help -- "It's a tablet issue, not a machine issue, so that's not our problem."

Any thoughts or help from others would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Nate

MaKoMo

#2: Post by MaKoMo »

Nate L2 wrote:Hello,

My M10 Pro came with a tablet with Artisan software loaded and configured.
It is only possible to bundle GPLv3 licensed open-source software with a product that is itself fully open-source, which includes all hardware and firmware of the product.
Nate L2 wrote: For months, everything was working well and I was roasting 1kg every couple weeks for personal consumption. Then, the tablet's software said it was time to upgrade. When that happened, Artisan stopped working on it. I cannot get Artisan to work at all. The M10 Pro connects, but as soon as I try to launch Artisan, it locks up.

I downloaded Artisan to my laptop and iPad, but cannot get it and the M10 Pro connected. I'm assuming this is because Kaleido is not a recognized brand within Artisan. I cannot figure out what's going on here and Kaleido is zero help -- "It's a tablet issue, not a machine issue, so that's not our problem."

Any thoughts or help from others would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Nate
The Kaleido roasting machines are not supported by Artisan as the company is not supporting the Artisan project.

LuckyMark

#3: Post by LuckyMark »

Nate, maybe ask Kaleido to send you the original package and just live with never being able to upgrade? They clearly have the package they installed available.

Nate L2 (original poster)

#4: Post by Nate L2 (original poster) »

LuckyMark,

That may be the option. I'll reach out to them.

Thanks!