Ceado E6P advice before purchase

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
goal80

#1: Post by goal80 »

Hi all
I'm interested in the Ceado E6P because it allows changing the burrs to ssp and it has timed dose. And the price is reasonable for its specs

Before ordering it, I need you help on my concerns and questions below. Thanks in advance:

1- This model comes with a huge long hopper 600 gr.
I don't need single dosing. But I fill my hopper every 2 days and use timed dose.
My question: Is there a small hopper available for this model to take 150-200 gr. of beans?
2- what is the average retention of this model?
3- is this model provides consistent quality grind for espresso?
4- how the stock burrs profile taste looks like? Clarity, body, ...etc. is it like the Specialita?
5- Is there common issues with this model?
6- Why this model is not popular and there are no reviews or videos despite its high potential and reasonable pricing?
7- I'm preferring this model over the Specialita because I can change the burrs to ssp in the future if I want. Am I thinking right or I'm missing something?

Sorry for my long list of questions. I can't find much info on YouTube or reddit

Thank you

iploya

#2: Post by iploya »

Responding rapid-fire just to what I know.

1- Should fit under 17" cabinet with existing hopper. If you use up the beans in 2 days then hopper size shouldn't matter.

2- what is the average retention of this model?
I can't quote the grams but it is considerable. There is a lot of space in there for grounds to get stuck. In a higher-volume setting (especially a cafe) it wouldn't be a big issue. If doing lots of adjustments, switching coffees often, and/or using infrequently that's when retention would be more of a challenge.

3- is this model provides consistent quality grind for espresso?
The adjuster in past models at least has been steady. The grind should be consistent in steady-state flow. When you make an adjustment expect quite a bit of lag as the retention/retained grounds will take time to come out.

4- how the stock burrs profile taste looks like? Clarity, body, ...etc. is it like the Specialita?
Don't know.

5- Is there common issues with this model?
Anecdotally, the tolerances seemed fairly large (variability from unit to unit) at least in prior models. For example, some ppl (on the previous version) had no problem with SSP and others like me had no success with SSP. Maybe just mine was off.

6- Why this model is not popular and there are no reviews or videos despite its high potential and reasonable pricing?
Here is my review of prior model/version of the E6P from 2017. I stand behind the praise, just that grinder options have evolved since then.
Ceado E5P/E6P Tips

Last time I checked an updated version of this model was recently out. Could be the older reviews got wiped out. For the money, when I bought it 5+ years ago it was a solid choice. Robust build, easy to use, reliable, etc. Now, it has more competition for home use at the price point compared, say, to Niche Zero and others. In my opinion a grinder like this is still fully capable at home but would be at its best in, say, a low-volume commercial setting where the capacity of a hopper would be most useful.

7- I'm preferring this model over the Specialita because I can change the burrs to ssp in the future if I want. Am I thinking right or I'm missing something? From what I understand it is supposed to accept SSP burrs and some retailers expressly advertise that and sell the SSP burrs. I had trouble getting SSP to work on mine and had to revert to stock. If possible I would want to actually confirm they work on my particular unit at the time of purchase and avoid a possible surprise buying the burrs later.