Dialing in Macap MC6T

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
savagebrood

#1: Post by savagebrood »

Hello all. I am kinda new here. I recently upgraded my grinder to a huge Macap mc6t. It is very heavy duty with large flat burrs. I am having trouble dialing in espresso. Would anyone here have any info on this particular grinder? Anyone own one? Is it a coffee only grinder - not capable of espresso? Please help.

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

Welcome to H-B!

The Macap MC6 is a 65 mm, flat-burr, espresso grinder.

What kind of problems are you having?

I'm assuming you didn't have them with the Sette and La Spaziale.

I'm guessing you bought it used. If so, do you have an idea how old the burrs are?

savagebrood (original poster)

#3: Post by savagebrood (original poster) »

Jeff wrote:Welcome to H-B!

The Macap MC6 is a 65 mm, flat-burr, espresso grinder.

What kind of problems are you having?
My shots are just pouring though my puck. My puck prep is pretty consistent so I think it it grind size. But if I adjust finer, it chokes my grinder.
I'm assuming you didn't have them with the Sette and La Spaziale.
My shots with the combination of Sette and laSpaz are consistently good. Very chocolaty and textured.
I'm guessing you bought it used. If so, do you have an idea how old the burrs are?
I did buy it used. They original owner claimed it was almost new and that appears to be true based on the hopped and outside of the machine. I am going to disassemble and clean it tonight and I will also inspect the burr.

#4: Post by savagebrood (original poster) »

Update:

Took apart and cleaned. Then took the burrs to zero. Rotated ⅛ of a turn and pulled a perfect shot. 1:2 in 27 seconds. And it was delicious. Thanks for your help.
★ Helpful

Kaffee Bitte

#5: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

Spitting image of my Macap mc4 aside from the full size hopper. Pretty sure the smaller 1 poundish hopper will fit as many places sell them that way. Probably not too expensive if you don't like the tall 3 pounder.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

#6: Post by savagebrood (original poster) replying to Kaffee Bitte »

I ordered a single dose bellows. Should be here soon.