Should I buy the BC-2 or BULLET R1 V2 roaster

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
blondica73
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by blondica73 »

I'm in the market for a 2 lb roaster for small batches, and I'm debating between BC-2 or Allio Bullet. I already have the BC-5 which I use for my little roasting business in a different state, far from my current home. Looked at other options; however, they are too expensive.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Find a way to try a Bullet. Different beast with different tastes. Bullet doesn't play well with Artisan also. My gut is you will choose the BC.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by Milligan »

If you are already used to gas, have a great handle on the BC5, and have access to gas (or don't mind handling/storing propane) at your location then I'd think you'd be happier with the BC2. If you are wanting to tinker with something new then maybe the Aillio would be neat but I'm not sure about using it for long term production purposes (I assume you are making small batches to sell.)

Good luck!

blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

I also came across ARC 800 which seems to be similar the BC-2, but a little more affordable. Any thoughts?

beanman

#5: Post by beanman »

As mentioned, if you want to try something new, try a Bullet. If you'd like to keep with the known, get a 2 lb propane.
BC-2 is great, as you already know with your BC-5.
ARC 800 is good too. Someone purchased one recently and mentioned it on this site. If you want the same look and feel of the BC-5, get the BC-2.
If you don't mind a slightly different looking display and want to save a few bucks, the ARC 800 should be great.