Speedster value (not working)

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
stuartmac

#1: Post by stuartmac »

I have a client with a 2013 speedster that's been sitting in a guest house dead for a year, they're looking to unload it but not sure of its value. It's not currently working so i was thinking 5k was a fair value but again not sure and dont want to insult them. Ive browsed the sold pages on here and not seen many sales to compare with, ( im in canada if that helps )

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

New they start around $10.5-$11K in the U.S. There is nothing particularly expensive in there that could keep it from working. Do you have any details on exactly what is meant by "dead"? No lights on PID? Pump doesn't run? ect? When something doesn't work & the owner can't say why that is I don't worry about insulting the owner, I start with a low offer.
LMWDP 267

stuartmac (original poster)

#3: Post by stuartmac (original poster) »

I did power it on and it turned on and the pump started but didn't shut off so maybe just an auto fill problem. I'm hoping to pick it up for a deal i just didn't want to be insulting in price.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

If the boilers were previously drained the pump would run for a long time to fully refill the steam boiler. Brew boiler refills by line pressure with the p.i. function engaged.

It's up to the seller to set a price. If he doesn't & can't demonstrate that the machine works properly then you should start with a low offer.
LMWDP 267

Caffinator

#5: Post by Caffinator »

I agree with John B. Seller should set the price. And if can't demonstrate it to work. Then give him a price you're willing to buy it for.

New here in Vancouver. A Speedster starts in the low 20's.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by JohnB. »

Caffinator wrote:New here in Vancouver. A Speedster starts in the low 20's.
Somebody is really marking that up?? Do you have VAT up there?
LMWDP 267

stuartmac (original poster)

#7: Post by stuartmac (original poster) »

Canada gets the short end of all import sticks. 20k is a bit ridiculous though. I got them down to 5500 so i will probably pick it up next week.

BaristaBoy E61

#8: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

JohnB. wrote:Somebody is really marking that up?? Do you have VAT up there?
About $20K for a Speedster Idromatic is about the price we pay in Canada where our dollar is worth much less than the $USD and taxes run a bit over 15% on almost everything except groceries.

You want affordable post secondary education, Medicare and 1-year paid maternity leave? Somebody has to pay; nothing's more expensive than free stuff!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"