Izzo Vivi PID MK629

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
coffeeinmyveins

#1: Post by coffeeinmyveins »

Hey everyone.

First time post. I've had 2 Expobar Office Levers in the past, and had to sell them. I'm now back in the market for an espresso machine, and after countless hours of research and watching dozens of videos, I think I've narrowed it down to 2 machines. I was all but sold on the Lelit Mara X, and am still leaning towards that one. However, in my research, I kept coming across the Izzo Vivi https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/izzo-vivi-pid, and it's gotten my attention. However, there doesn't seem to be much information out there in regards to this machine, and what I did find is older - 2015 or earlier.

Does anyone own this machine (Izzo Vivi) or have knowledge of it that they would care to impart? Lastly, between the Izzo Vivi and the Mara X, which one would you recommend, or prefer to own? My concerns with the Mara X are the build (thinner, flimsier sheet metal) and the fact that its longevity has yet to be tested. My concerns with the Vivi are the lack of user info available and likely inconsistent temps, in spite of the PID, which I have my doubts as to its effectiveness in an HX machine, unlike the Mara X.

Thanks!