Used Rancilio Silvia V3 PID and Eureka Specialita Deal Advice

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
tdwolf

#1: Post by tdwolf »

Hello HB

I am looking to move from a Jura Super-Auto to a semi auto setup stated in the title. It is a a used Silvia V3 with Auber PID said to be in fair condition. The seller also has a Specialita for sale. I was considering an offer to buy both. The Specialita was bought new in May of 2020. I am unsure the age of the Silvia. What would be considered a fair price for this combo. I have seen similar Silvia's sell for around 450-500 lately. I have not done any research on the prices of the Specialita.

Currently the seller is asking $600 for the Silvia and $550 for the Specialita. I live in Seattle and everything seems to be expensive the used prices are probably also a little higher than elsewhere but I would not have to pay any shipping so that is a consideration.

If important I don't do many milk drinks if I do they are usually iced. I will probably make an occasional decaf milk drink(latte) for my wife as she doesn't drink regular coffee anymore due to issues with caffeine.

What does this group think a fair offer would be to the seller or are the prices inline with what you think is fair.

Thanks
Trevor

checkwhatsleft

#2: Post by checkwhatsleft »

V3 is not worth that much and heating elements on the v3 was build into the boiler, you can't replace it if the elements went bad which does happen to Silvia owners, I have seen a lot, something happens to the elements that you have to replace a new boiler which is much more costly, and 600 $ for the v3 is bit of steep as well, don't bother to look at it, V4 and beyond that has removable elements.