Isomac Tea leak

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
jjmiller52

#1: Post by jjmiller52 »

Hi all, I have a early version Isomac Tea. When I come down in the morning, the counter is all wet under the machine. I've had it apart, checked all the connections, checked the water reservoir and checked all hoses. I'm stumped. Where could this mystery water possibly be coming from?

ArchieCoffee
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by ArchieCoffee replying to jjmiller52 »

Can you post some pics? How old is it? It could be, for example, an old 3-way solenoid. I've had my original solenoid fail at the post and it start leaking. If it's the "old" style of HX top connector (with the recessed rubber o-ring), those can be hard to get to seal when they're old. Where is the water pooling in the machine? I would dry everything out, then restart the machine from COLD (so you can watch it build pressure) with the shell off, and watch with a flashlight so you can see where the leaks start from.

Advertisement
JRising
Team HB

#3: Post by JRising »

jjmiller52 wrote:Hi all, I have a early version Isomac Tea. When I come down in the morning, the counter is all wet under the machine. I've had it apart, checked all the connections, checked the water reservoir and checked all hoses. I'm stumped. Where could this mystery water possibly be coming from?
Was the machine on? Could it have overheated/overfilled/topped up an already pressurized boiler, blown the water out of the safety relief, then settled down at a proper pressure?