Lelit Elizabeth does not show OK in display

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
u12345

#1: Post by u12345 »

I just got a Lelit Elizabeth and so far very happy with it.

In the manual it says:
https://links.imagerelay.com/cdn/2615/q ... Manual.pdf
C.4 Wait until the bar is fully loaded and "Ok" appears on the display. This way
the machine will reach the set temperature.
But so far I have not seen OK in the display - I have had it on for approx 1 hour:

https://i.ibb.co/t39yK0h/Selection-182.png

In the first few minutes it was "flickering" until the temp settled at 95 degrees. Is it just the manual that is outdated?

And how long does it take for it to be ready when:
  • I just need to make an espresso shot (don't need the steamer to be ready)
  • I need both the boiler or espresso and the boiler for the steamer to be ready (e.g. for cappuccino/milk)
?

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

Someone probably tested it before you bought it. It had probably already done it's "initial run up" filling its boiler, and clearing its initial run up status...
If the boiler is full you will get steam and a bit of water out of the steam wand if you open the valve and water out of the group if you push the brew button.
So long as you're getting water where you should, then it's done.

Copy/Paste:
Note. ONLY for the first time that the machine is switched on, the machine will start to fill the boiler automatically. During this operation, water will flow from the coffee distribution group for about 40 seconds and the Lelit logo will flash on the LCC display.

C.3 On the LCC display (11) you'll see the water boiler temperature flashing. This will grow until the set temperature will be reached. During this phase,
the steam boiler will be automatically filled until the correct water level will be reached.
C.4 Wait until the bar is fully loaded and "Ok" appears on the display.

Del_uk

#3: Post by Del_uk »

The OK message only shows for a few seconds after the warmup is complete. It'll sometimes show sometimes if you have flushed a decent volume of water and established the temperature once it recovers.

u12345 (original poster)

#4: Post by u12345 (original poster) »

Thanks! I just saw the OK message shortly when its going from standby mode to ready mode. Also I now assume its ready when it just shows the final temp = 95 degrees without flickering.

Leilei2008

#5: Post by Leilei2008 »

When it's ready it'll just show target brew temperature by default.

Press + once it'll show actual brew temperature, press + again it'll show steam temperature. I usually wait until both temperatures reach target before brewing/steaming. Take about 15 minutes from cold start.