Dosing cup for Olympia Cremina?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Dmax

#1: Post by Dmax »

Hi guys, Has anyone found a dosing cup for the olympia cremina with the 49mm portafilter? I ended up 3D printing one, but would prefer a metal one.

Thanks!

chaumein

#2: Post by chaumein »

The Craig Lyn or Weber Workshops blind tumblers can fit the Cremina 49mm baskets. They both offer slightly different versions.

https://weberworkshops.com/products/blind-tumbler
https://craiglyn.com/blind-tumbler/

j64669

#3: Post by j64669 »

It's not cheap, but solid: Olympia Express Puck Prep Tool from Cerini combines dosing funnel, dosing cup, leveler, and tamper

beer&mathematics

#4: Post by beer&mathematics »

I use the Orphan Espresso Ipaneman 49mm dosing funnel. Since I like to do WDT I like the tall, steep funnel. I dose from the Niche dosing cup into the Ipanema. I thought it was inelegant at first but I've gotten used to it since all my machines are not the standard 58 size
LMWDP #431

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by mborkow »

There's a 49 mm blind tumbler in the FS section right now

jmotzi

#6: Post by jmotzi »

beer&mathematics wrote:I use the Orphan Espresso Ipaneman 49mm dosing funnel. Since I like to do WDT I like the tall, steep funnel. I dose from the Niche dosing cup into the Ipanema. I thought it was inelegant at first but I've gotten used to it since all my machines are not the standard 58 size
I did the same and it works well! It's easy enough to make the pour without spillage. Recently I made an improvement with a 3D printed model to enable tamp-through. I modified again more recently to allow the Weber Magic Tumbler (59mm) to mate on top. But it still works well as a pour in.

I posted it here: Weber Workshops Key Grinder - user experience (post #10)

JM
LMWDP #662

Dmax (original poster)

#7: Post by Dmax (original poster) »

Thanks for the tips and links. I'm still enjoying my 3D printed dosing cup .. and am toying with the idea of having some made out of aluminum. I wonder if others would be interested in this ...

Arson

#8: Post by Arson »

Does anyone have experience with Olympia's puck prep tool?

I am curious about the 'distribution' step, the surface pushed on the coffee is smooth right? There is no levelling going on I guess.