DF64 Dial Indicator Sticker

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
tmorville

#1: Post by tmorville »

Hi everyone,

I just got my DF64 with the SSP multi-purpose burrs installed and aligned from https://homebarista.be/ in the door today.

After two rounds of dialling in, I got a shot of a quality I've never tasted before - amazing! My previous grinder is a Profitec T64 that I never really got comfortable with.

Now to the issue. With the SSP burrs, the zero mark has moved. On my grinder, it's around the 30 mark where the burrs start to touch. While its a minor issue and I could buy a 3D-printed dial indicator ring to mark the new zero, it is very unsatisfactory that the dial sticker does not show the real zero, effectively rendering the zones (espresso, moka, etc) printed on the sticker useless. I will be moving between filter and espresso quite a lot, so it would be great not having to remember "wrong" numbers or zones.

I've scoured the internet (Reddit, Etsy, here) for new dial indicator stickers or someone who successfully relocated their sticker, but alas, no luck!

Has anyone here tried this, or found a place I can get my hands on a new dial indicator sticker?

Advertisement
Kran

#2: Post by Kran »

In the US espresso outlet has a bunch of parts, including the grind adjustment sticker.

Coffiend

#3: Post by Coffiend »

mikelipino

#4: Post by mikelipino »

You can also print out a sticker on contact paper, cover it with transparent contact paper for durability, and cut it out with a compass cutter. I've done that, and it works well.

Soharu

#5: Post by Soharu »

tmorville wrote:Hi everyone,

I just got my DF64 with the SSP multi-purpose burrs installed and aligned from https://homebarista.be/ in the door today.

After two rounds of dialling in, I got a shot of a quality I've never tasted before - amazing! My previous grinder is a Profitec T64 that I never really got comfortable with.

Now to the issue. With the SSP burrs, the zero mark has moved. On my grinder, it's around the 30 mark where the burrs start to touch. While its a minor issue and I could buy a 3D-printed dial indicator ring to mark the new zero, it is very unsatisfactory that the dial sticker does not show the real zero, effectively rendering the zones (espresso, moka, etc) printed on the sticker useless. I will be moving between filter and espresso quite a lot, so it would be great not having to remember "wrong" numbers or zones.

I've scoured the internet (Reddit, Etsy, here) for new dial indicator stickers or someone who successfully relocated their sticker, but alas, no luck!

Has anyone here tried this, or found a place I can get my hands on a new dial indicator sticker?
If you need anything 3D Printed are you are within the US, send me a PM and I can help you out. Would be w/ Food Safe PLA or PETG.

nisb

#6: Post by nisb »

mikelipino wrote:You can also print out a sticker on contact paper, cover it with transparent contact paper for durability, and cut it out with a compass cutter. I've done that, and it works well.

Thank you! Could be nice with a corresponding sticker on the "hopper"/upper burr carrier, with a vernier scale, for accurate and repeatable small adjustments

bringyoutomyhell

#7: Post by bringyoutomyhell »

tmorville wrote:Hi everyone,

Did they give you also the stock Italmill burrs? Is the alignment included in the version with the preinstalled SSP burrs? Because buying the grinder and SSP separately would cost less XD

Thanks