Trying to make up mind ordering Olympia or B&W

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77

#1: Post by chanty 77 »

Really enjoy two roasters & two different roasts, B&W---- Classic & Traditional, and Olympia---Big Truck & Sweetheart. Decisions, decisions. Think it will be the B&W because no shipping with the two blends, but $13.25 for shipping from Olympia with the 2 blends. Kind of pricey shipping.

limonengelb

#2: Post by limonengelb »

I know you don't freeze beans, but you can always do both. Throw the olympia on a sub and then order other roasters like B&W on demand to fill the gaps. I keep a roasters choice on sub to use as a rotating filter coffee and occasionally as espresso. I order 2lb bags from B&W or Onyx for daily espresso. I also occasionally tap the fellows drop program. Those have been pretty good and tend to be $2-3 per bag shipping with typically quick turn around. I will say this though; finding a bean you really like as a go to is worth the price sometimes.

chanty 77 (original poster)

#3: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to limonengelb »

Just checked out Olympia, if you subscribe--only options are 12 oz. or 5 lbs., 5% off each coffee item, shipping appears to be free only for four 12oz. bags or a 3 lb. bag.