Mokita Cafe Crema repairs!

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
reelchef

#1: Post by reelchef »

HI all new here. My mokita crema started tripping my gfci's recently , I have had the machine since 2005. After some research and an old thread here via member (the_art_of_design) I found the problem was probably the boiler coil. So I have a brand new boiler coil now installed While I was removing the coil I broke a steam thermostat. Shout out to Espressomali.com had all the parts I wanted for a decent price and yes they speak english:)if needed.
In the past I have replaced other parts and done R&R on my machine and even found a bottomless portafilter that works great for it too.
This machine was a gift from my late mother so I am trying to keep it going.

reelchef (original poster)

#2: Post by reelchef (original poster) »

Well super happy!!. Thanks to some info here , I got the thermostat, O rings for boiler and the new element my moki is working again. I talked to Michael at espressoMali in Montreal , he he knew the machine well and ordered me exactly what I needed. My machine had starting tripping my kitchens GFCI due to suspected pinholes in element. NO longer is doing that now :) My little red Mokita Cafe Crema is now pulling shots better than new now. The machine was gift from my late mother in 2008 so I'm ecstatic to have it working again.