Streitman CT1/ NP pressure gauge kit adjustment

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Marco4hand

#1: Post by Marco4hand »

My Naked Portafilter pressure gauge indicator is pointing to 12:00 when no pressure is being applied. Wondering if anyone can explain how to reset to "zero" ?
thanks
Marco

Davi-L

#2: Post by Davi-L »

Hello Marco, Each mechanical gauge has different zero methods. The simplest is to turn the dial pointer while holding the shaft. Or there may be a screw head which allows a zero setting. ( make sure the pressure really is zero BAR). OR you could contact the manufacturer and ask them how to do it. Europe I believe. Or you could have the needle touching the dial face and the needle needs to be pried up for free movement. Carry on.
dave

Marco4hand (original poster)

#3: Post by Marco4hand (original poster) »

I reached out to NP and they got right back to me. Provided me with two options. Guidance on readjusting my original unit or purchase of a replacement gauge.
I decided to go with both. We'll see if I can readjust the original gauge when I have time to work on it.

erik82

#4: Post by erik82 »

Please post the way how to do it yourself here on HB. Mine also isn't perfect anymore but just a t1,5 bar instead of 6 bar on yours in resting state.

Marco4hand (original poster)

#5: Post by Marco4hand (original poster) »

I will copy and paste his reply (with his permission) here. He included a photo, I hope to add that as well

1. option
- unscrew the gauge carefully (holding the base only) and remove the needle (see attached picture)
- reset the needle at 0 bar, we can check roughly the accuracy with a bathroom scale
2. new gauge. I sell it for USD50 (shipping USD30).
Best
Gabor