Still the best coffee I have ever had !

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Fishchris

#1: Post by Fishchris »

OMG, I had just bought, and roasted 5 lbs of this stuff, based on my experience with it two years ago, and WoW ! :) To be honest, I was really concerned that I over roasted it. I'm sure it was a full two stages darker than they suggest... which ordinarily is what I prefer. But I should have at least done a lb or two lighter, just to see for myself. Oh well. I guess that means I need to order some more ;)
Anyway, after worrying for 3 days since I roasted it, I'm drinking the first mug now, and zero bitterness ! Just as sweet and smooth as I remembered it :) Freaking LOVE this stuff !

https://www.sweetmarias.com/guatemala-a ... -6863.html

littlenut

#2: Post by littlenut »

<SNIPPAGE>
Fishchris wrote: To be honest, I was really concerned that I over roasted it. I'm sure it was a full two stages darker than they suggest... which ordinarily is what I prefer. But I should have at least done a lb or two lighter, just to see for myself. Oh well. I guess that means I need to order some more ;)
Anyway, after worrying for 3 days since I roasted it, I'm drinking the first mug now, and zero bitterness ! Just as sweet and smooth as I remembered it :) Freaking LOVE this stuff !
Hi Chris, I bought some and my wife and I enjoy it very much. After reading your post I thought you may enjoy a portion of the Cupping notes that Tom posted with this coffee...

"I accidentally let one roast batch get away from me, and was impressed by how sweet the cup is at Full City - it even retains some floral berry character that makes it stand way out compared to the average dark roasted Guatemala! And if you too make a similar "mistake", you MUST try this coffee as espresso."

A couple of the people I share coffee with drink espresso and I roast it full city for them. Haven't heard anything back though...

-LN

Advertisement
Fishchris (original poster)

#3: Post by Fishchris (original poster) »

Yep :) I just finished my mug about 15 minutes ago, but have reached for it about 3 more X's since then ! Hate it when I run out :(

Still, I need to try a couple lbs lighter, just to see what I prefer. I probably went darker the first time I had this 2 ys ago as well. As I say, I like dark coffee, so its wasn't completely by mistake. I just need to see for myself.