Olympia Cremina 67 Parts in EU

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Arson

#1: Post by Arson »

(I am aware of earlier topics on the same, but they are too old to post and solutions provided >10 years ago seem not to be valid anymore)

Anyway, I picked up an old Cremina '67 (1978) and this time the job goes further than cleaning, replacing seals and removing asbestos. For example, I will need a whole new piston and probably some of the electrical components. I am based in Belgium, does anybody know an EU equivalent of the legendary Orphan Espresso/Cerini type of suppliers?

For ordering regular maintenance parts I have a positive experience with Tudor (coffee-sensor.com, Romania) and Gabor (www.naked-portafilter.com, Hungary) but they seem to focus on the add-ons, regular maintenance.

Am I missing something? Or should I swallow the additonal VAT, duties and longer shipping from the US?

roadman
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by roadman »

Though not quite the EU, Migg Frei in Switzerland has pistons and electrical components for your Cremina. If you need something that's not listed in his online shop, just ask him. Sometimes he has hard to find parts for sale that he doesn't list.

giboja

#3: Post by giboja »

Arson wrote:(I am aware of earlier topics on the same, but they are too old to post and solutions provided >10 years ago seem not to be valid anymore)

Anyway, I picked up an old Cremina '67 (1978) and this time the job goes further than cleaning, replacing seals and removing asbestos. For example, I will need a whole new piston and probably some of the electrical components. I am based in Belgium, does anybody know an EU equivalent of the legendary Orphan Espresso/Cerini type of suppliers?

For ordering regular maintenance parts I have a positive experience with Tudor (coffee-sensor.com, Romania) and Gabor (www.naked-portafilter.com, Hungary) but they seem to focus on the add-ons, regular maintenance.

Am I missing something? Or should I swallow the additonal VAT, duties and longer shipping from the US?
For pistons Migg or just make it localy from SS , electrical components, switches, sensors all can be found by retailers.
Gabor is slow to respond as his business grows, Tudor is fast, accurate and simple to deal with.

I am just in the middle of 1979 restoration, heating element sent for repair, teflon seals made per measure, cooper washer, small seals all available in espresso machine services or home repair centers, air con heating special shops, marine shops..