Hand Pump for Filling Water Tank

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
GregoryJ

#1: Post by GregoryJ »

Has anyone used a cheap pump pump to fill the water tank of their machine? I'm just looking for something a little easier than lifting a big jug over a tall machine.

I was looking at something like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use ... 63144.html
It's designed for gas, so obviously no claims of food safety. I could get food-safe tubing, I'm just not sure if the inside of the pump is oily / greasy.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

There are food grade, inexpensive pumps made to fit atop 23 litre carboys. They are available in both electric and manual. Likewise, they are available for those big jugs of RO water that go on water coolers...maybe they are also 23-litres and the same pump. I don't know, but I do know that for 15 bucks I bought a manual one at Walmart to use when our town water was on boil alert for a few months.

Advertisement
GregoryJ (original poster)

#3: Post by GregoryJ (original poster) »

That sounds almost like what I'm looking for. I'm not sure I want it to sit on top of the bottle though, I liked the idea of having a hose so I could pump directly into my machine's water tank.

Jeff
Team HB

#4: Post by Jeff »

Around $15 on Amazon for a drinking-water pump for 5 gal which looks like "USB charging" is now all the rage. A couple feet of food-safe tubing over the spout and I think you're close, if not there.

Edit: One of many, picked for a good picture. The second photo shows how it assembles with tubing and the spout. 5 Gallon Water Dispenser,Electric Drinking Water Pump Portable Water Dispenser Universal USB Charging Water Bottle Pump For 2-5 Gallon With 2 Silicone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y4D3P1J/

GregoryJ (original poster)

#5: Post by GregoryJ (original poster) »

Thanks Jeff. I'm probably overthinking it, but I'm not sure what I'd do with the water left in the tube after I turn the pump off.