Ditting 807 Lab Sweet: Single dose mod?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
wickedfoam

#1: Post by wickedfoam »

Just purchased and received the 807LS. Both (!?) the espresso and drip coffee are... wow. I thought WearyCup was getting paid, but now, I almost hope he was because he was RIGHT.

The hopper is all that stands between me and coffee nirvana. With hopper, the grinder is a behemoth at 22". It dominates the kitchen and fits under nothing. Without it, it's a completely rational 15.8". If I could remove it and replace with a DIY, 3D printed, or clever off-the-shelf, single-dosing mod, we'd have something incredible.

I'm leaning toward a combo funnel/bellows as are on the Ceado e37SD. Levercraft sells a version too.

Anyone with the 807 (or 804) come up with an elegant solution for this?

Espressoman007

#2: Post by Espressoman007 »

Why don't you start a thread for "Ditting 807 Lab Sweet".
There is nothing to read about the grinder, from the first hand owners. I've got my eye on it for espresso use.
It would be great to hear your experience.

Cheers!

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Espressoman007 wrote:There is nothing to read about the grinder, from the first hand owners.
FYI: Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience.
Dan Kehn

Espressoman007

#4: Post by Espressoman007 »

Thanks a lot. I did "search" for it in the title section, but it seems I missed it :)
There is one thread for a grinder that I was also trying to find with no success,....but before I ask...I'll check if I missed that one too.

Thanks!

Cheers!

ethiopianbuffman

#5: Post by ethiopianbuffman »

Someone gave me a 3d file for a short hopper but I haven't had time to play with it. It holds like 20g right now but could make it taller to hold more or to have a bellows etc.

Bmccall
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Bmccall »

Would you mind sharing the file? I have a 804 LS project that I am trying to make more single dose friendly.

tbb

#7: Post by tbb »

I'm also considering this grinder. I'm curious if anyone has seen a 3D printed portafilter holder with forks? I think that would improve the workflow to the same level as e.g. a Lagom P100.

Airbornewilly
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by Airbornewilly »

wickedfoam wrote:Just purchased and received the 807LS. Both (!?) the espresso and drip coffee are... wow. I thought WearyCup was getting paid, but now, I almost hope he was because he was RIGHT.

The hopper is all that stands between me and coffee nirvana. With hopper, the grinder is a behemoth at 22". It dominates the kitchen and fits under nothing. Without it, it's a completely rational 15.8". If I could remove it and replace with a DIY, 3D printed, or clever off-the-shelf, single-dosing mod, we'd have something incredible.

I'm leaning toward a combo funnel/bellows as are on the Ceado e37SD. Levercraft sells a version too.

Anyone with the 807 (or 804) come up with an elegant solution for this?
Congrats on the LS! Do you mind sharing where you purchased it? I've been looking for one but haven't had any luck in the US.