Rocket E61 Grouphead Rebuild Kits

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
wachuko

#1: Post by wachuko »

For those folks in the US... Where are you sourcing these?

Several different parts from the standard E61 Faema kit that I bought. I thought these were all the same. They are not...

This is the kit that I had purchased a few years back to have when I wanted to do a rebuild...

And this is the one that I should have purchased. Having some difficulty finding it...

I used what worked from the kit I had, then polished the lever cam shaft to a mirror finish... everything else looked fine. But I want to have a complete kit for the next time I do this.
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

bronsht

#2: Post by bronsht »

Wachuko,
How did you polish the lever cam shaft (and other pieces)? Mine are blackened. Thank you.

Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

I typically purchase parts from Espressoparts.com. Their "parts ship free" shipping seems to be between a few days and a week to San Francisco.

Others may know more, but the routine-service parts that seem to most often need careful measurement are the valve assemblies (length), mushroom o-ring, and double-checking the PTFE sealing washer sizes. Things like gicleurs, gicleur screens, don't seem to be as "standard" as other parts.

https://www.cafeparts.com/Espresso-Mach ... Brew-Group is another good site. I have not ordered from them myself. I don't know which parts Rocket may choose differently than the ECM-style E61. Although they don't explicitly list Rocket in their manufacturer section, I do see Rocket in the compatibility section of on of the very generic gaskets I quickly checked.

wachuko (original poster)

#4: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

bronsht wrote:Wachuko,
How did you polish the lever cam shaft (and other pieces)? Mine are blackened. Thank you.
I did... to mirror finish... since I needed to reuse them...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

#5: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

Jeff wrote:I typically purchase parts from Espressoparts.com. Their "parts ship free" shipping seems to be between a few days and a week to San Francisco.

Others may know more, but the routine-service parts that seem to most often need careful measurement are the valve assemblies (length), mushroom o-ring, and double-checking the PTFE sealing washer sizes. Things like gicleurs, gicleur screens, don't seem to be as "standard" as other parts.

https://www.cafeparts.com/Espresso-Mach ... Brew-Group is another good site. I have not ordered from them myself. I don't know which parts Rocket may choose differently than the ECM-style E61. Although they don't explicitly list Rocket in their manufacturer section, I do see Rocket in the compatibility section of on of the very generic gaskets I quickly checked.
Thank you. I have ordered from them before. I was hoping to find a kit. Seems most just sell individual components.

I ordered just the ones that were different from the kit I have (and matched the Rocket components). That will work just fine.

For now, machine is back in operation with original parts nicely polished... :lol: It is working smoothly.

Once the parts arrived, I will store them for the next service. Thank you all.

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

#6: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

Received the parts... I had placed the order from Whole Latte Love... got some gaskets while I was there...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

#7: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

I really can't understand why the finish in this cam is not smoother... I know brass is soft, but this is a cam, right? Surface should be smooth for better operation...

Polished the cam and contact points on the valves...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654