Bezzera Duo DE grouphead heating problem

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
ronlangara

#1: Post by ronlangara »

I bought a Bezzera DUO DE in February 2021 Really like it. Huge improvement over my fifteen year old Oscar V1.

However I have had problems with it twice now. In May the group head heating stopped working. This machine has three PID's, one for the coffee boiler, one for the steam boiler, and one for the heater in the Bezzera group head. I didn't realize it at first but my shots were getting really sour. After a day or two I realized the group head was only luke warm (not HOT) to the touch and I called the dealer I bought it from here in Vancouver, Canada. He had me bring it in and the tech said the firmware needed an update. It worked fine again after that.

Now it is mid August and again no heat to the group head. This time it seems to be intermittent, works once, then not. I am taking it in to the dealer tomorrow as it is still under warranty and they WANT to correct it.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Does anyone have suggestions as to the source of the problem and a fix? I am concerned it may be an ongoing problem due to a design flaw. More likely it is a simple problem and it was my bad luck.

This forum always has such great knowledge, I keep learning a lot from it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.