FloJet with shorter water bottle

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
Randy G.

#1: Post by Randy G. »

I need a temporary water supply solution for my DE1XL water supply. It is hooked to the plumbing kit but I do not have the catering kit. The FloJet BW5000 would (should..?) work for now, EXCEPT the 5 gallon pickup assembly in a 5 gallon bottle is too tall. Is it possible to shorten the pickup tube (and then splice the float signal wires or maybe just carefully cut the tube and double the wires up inside the tube? Any other ideas- this is all just temporary for a month or two.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

A BW5000 in hand? Or going to purchase?

You could separate the flojet from your setup with a long tubing and have an accumulator tank under the Decent. Maybe that would allow you to find a tall enough space for the 5 gallon bottle and BW5000.
LMWDP #198

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

I've used a 3 gallon bottle since I don't use that much water; I didn't trim the pickup tube. On the other hand, I've also used the Flojet to descale and just dunked the tube into a deep pan at a steep angle, propping the bottom water level sensor up so the pump would engage. Obviously, that means the pump technically could run when the pan was empty, but since I was standing there the whole time, no problem-o.
Dan Kehn

Randy G. (original poster)

#4: Post by Randy G. (original poster) »

Thank you for the quick replies. It is going to supply the Decent through their plumbing kit so it only needs to supply very low flow rates and never during brewing. I figure that if it cycles too much from the backpressure I can add a Tee in the output side and redirect some flow back into the bottle.The Decent refill kit just fills the Decent's ceramic reservoir and so pressure are flow rate are inconsequential. It is (hopefully) going to be just for a few months. My well is not supplying usable water at this time and we are filling 3 and 5 gallon drinking water bottles until the problem is solved. I want to put the system under the sink where my filtration/treatment system is and the bar sink makes it impossible to use a five gallon jug. I might end up splicing the level sensor wires at the intake end of the pickup and then shortening the suction tube. Not sure yet. I have a message into Decent to see if this will work or not. I will try to add to this thread when the system is finished. I do NOT want to deal with removing the reservoir because that would also mean using the non-plumbed waste tray. I have enough on my plate right now without adding the task of remembering to check it to avoid overflow.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done