Giotto Rocket Pressure Problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
derrick knight

#1: Post by derrick knight »

I have a Giotto Rocket espresso machine and recently noticed the pressure gauge recording pressure at 2-2.5 bar. Other than the gauge reading, it appears to be working properly and the pressure stat does continue to cycle on and off as usual. I am not getting any over pressure blow off through the safety valve. I assumed it was the pressure stat, so I ordered an identical unit (Sirai 20A). I replaced the unit when it arrived today and the pressure gauge was still reading 2 bar. I turned the pressure adjuster on the Sirai unit (backed it out a LOT). Backing off the adjuster has not changed the pressure on the gauge at all and it always cycles right at about 2 bar. It appears the pressure is very low when using the steam wand, so assuming the pressure stat was probably fine and I have some other issue. What should I be checking next? Gauge or descale some of the lines to the gauge or pressure stat?
Any advice appreciated.
-Derrick

derrick knight (original poster)

#2: Post by derrick knight (original poster) »

Looks like I found the solution. Pulled the copper line between the boiler and the pressure gauge and the line was nearly plugged. Quick decalcify on the line and reconnected and all is good again.