Izzo Alex Leva - Dosing, baskets, accessories and springs - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Nick111

#11: Post by Nick111 »

Espresso_Monkey
Sorry for not responding to your questions in my first post.I had no time to read your post in detail.
What PID setting / range do you use?
For the past month 121 Celsius (about 250F).I have tried the whole range between 120 and 128 Celsius(which was the factory setting).
Is this silicone lube appropriate for seal maintenance?
Judging by the information on the packaging,I would say yes.
Did anyone source an off the shelf part replacement for the circlip?
Do you mean a stainless steel one or just an off the self carbon steel circlip?

puffinjk

#12: Post by puffinjk »

Some general info, SS circlips can be had at granger, I can't remember the size, I have got them at chris coffee also. I use haynes food grade lube for seals also at CC, If you want to try a silicon group head gasket I use red O-rings from Sterling seal available on amazon part# 329-S770-10 you will need to use two rubber shims with the o ring, cafe parts for the shims. Jim

belegnole

#13: Post by belegnole »

Talk Coffee out of Australia has a number of items for the Alex Leva. I purchased a stainless clip, IMS screen and basket, piston and group gaskets. They were easy to work with.
LMWDP #641

Espresso_Monkey (original poster)

#14: Post by Espresso_Monkey (original poster) »

Nick111 wrote:For the past month 121 Celsius (about 250F).I have tried the whole range between 120 and 128 Celsius(which was the factory setting).
Thanks Nick!
That is a bit lower than I was expecting, but I note that you are in a warmer clime than I
Nick111 wrote:Judging by the information on the packaging,I would say yes.
Thanks!
(Understand the limitations trying to evaluate from one picture)
Nick111 wrote:Do you mean a stainless steel one or just an off the self carbon steel circlip?
I mean replacing the carbon steel version with SS version.

#15: Post by Espresso_Monkey (original poster) »

belegnole wrote:Talk Coffee out of Australia has a number of items for the Alex Leva. I purchased a stainless clip, IMS screen and basket, piston and group gaskets. They were easy to work with.
Good to know. Thanks David!

#16: Post by Espresso_Monkey (original poster) »

puffinjk wrote:Some general info, SS circlips can be had at granger, I can't remember the size, I have got them at chris coffee also. I use haynes food grade lube for seals also at CC, If you want to try a silicon group head gasket I use red O-rings from Sterling seal available on amazon part# 329-S770-10 you will need to use two rubber shims with the o ring, cafe parts for the shims. Jim
Thanks Jim!

#17: Post by Espresso_Monkey (original poster) »

Anyone played with adjusting the pre-infusion?
Still a bit puzzled how to actually regulate this...

puffinjk

#18: Post by puffinjk »

Anyone find good circlip pliers, The best I have found to date I found on amazon made by auban,Four pair of different sizes for around 22 bucks? Jim

12elfthfoor

#19: Post by 12elfthfoor »

Joined HB for this thread.... great stuff, thank you.

Best looking spring in the world.

Nick111

#20: Post by Nick111 »

Espresso_Monkey wrote:Thanks Nick!
That is a bit lower than I was expecting, but I note that you are in a warmer clime than I
Currently running at 123.Depending on outside temperature,coffee and personal mood I may change between 121 to 124.