Mazzer Super Jolly "Home Depot" Hopper - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
cgfan

#21: Post by cgfan »

Ditto on the glass funnel - a thing of beauty!

However would not the thickness of the glass prevent the use of a plastic tamper to rest on top of the beans to improve the feed? Not that one needs to do that, but for me it's an important aspect.

(I also use the S/S funnel as a tamping base and as a doser/distribution aid, where strength and the ability to fit a tamper into the throat is important.)

BTW here's an updated video of my workflow illustrating the use of the S/S funnel:

(FYI the 3 uses of the funnel are summarized in the first 20 seconds of the video...)

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by JohnB. »

cgfan wrote:Ditto on the glass funnel - a thing of beauty!
However would not the thickness of the glass prevent the use of a plastic tamper to rest on top of the beans to improve the feed? Not that one needs to do that, but for me it's an important aspect.
A plastic tamper?? Sacrilege! Only Cocobolo is good enough for the glass funnel. :lol:
LMWDP 267

North Sullivan

#23: Post by North Sullivan »

This is an old thread, but I want to thank the innovate posters for the canning funnel idea. I recently moved to a different house where the Mazzer Major hopper was a big problem for the cabinets. The steel canning funnel is a very nice solution.