Show us your cup collection - Page 5

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
rpavlis

#41: Post by rpavlis »

Here are a few demitasse cups:

Two are part of a dining set, the Finnish Ruska Arabia centre row, 2nd from left, and Old Country Roses, first row, 3rd from left.

For my breakfast espresso, I usually use either the little glass on the top left or the one in the centre row on the left. I let guests run through the house and find cups they want!

entropyembrace

#42: Post by entropyembrace »

Quadrifoglio wrote:
Some favorite sets.

<image>
What are the blue cups with leaf shaped saucers? They almost look like Yamane Seigan cups...but I have only seen tea and sake cups by him.

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by yakster »

Here's the demitasses that I keep handy in the kitchen, surrounding the sweetener that my Wife takes in her coffee. There's a few Nuovo Point and ACF cups and other no-name brands I found at thrift stores, the funny faced ones came from a supermarket in Italy, but my favorites are the OE and HCR cups. I've got the saucers in the cupboard, but I don't generally bother with them.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

EricBNC

#44: Post by EricBNC »

I like double wall glass so these are the ones I use the most:

LMWDP #378
Author of "The Bell Curve: Instructions for Proper Herd Mentality"

Boldjava

#45: Post by Boldjava »

I don't have a collection but I do have a favorite:

OE Raven, http://www.orphanespresso.com/OE-2011-A ... _3789.html#

-----
LMWDP #339

Quadrifoglio

#46: Post by Quadrifoglio »

entropyembrace wrote:What are the blue cups with leaf shaped saucers? They almost look like Yamane Seigan cups...but I have only seen tea and sake cups by him.
The saucers are ginkgo leaves and the cups are flowers. Unfortunately, I can't check the set for marks because it is packed away, but it was purchased from a seller in Japan.

I am doubtful that the set is by Yamane Seigan's or Hajiware. I looked at both and they appear to be pottery and rustic. The set on the other hand is porcelain and refined.

hudsterboy

#47: Post by hudsterboy »

I have bodum, ACF and a bunch of others. I like the thick, chunky ACF's:

My absolute favorite though is the ACF my wife bought me from Intelligentsia about 3 years ago. They haven't had these in a while, and I've never been able to find another with the same shape. It's not a tulip and not a macchiato, and definitely not their standard 2 oz cup. I wish I could find more of them:

Advertisement
Bluecold

#48: Post by Bluecold »

About 30. I kept running out when I got only 20. So I bought more.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

yakster
Supporter ♡

#49: Post by yakster »

I'm a big believer in finding cups at thrift stores, so when I was down visiting my folks last I went hunting for some shot glasses to use with my Mypressi Twist while staying there. I found some nice Illy cups, but didn't need all that many at my folks house and the price (for a thrift store) was a bit high so I ventured on and eventually found these cute tea cups and I like very much. I also wanted something that I though my Mom wouldn't mind keeping at her house the the style was more of a match for her than the Illy would be. It was almost an advantage that these came without saucers since I don't find much use for them.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

entropyembrace

#50: Post by entropyembrace »

Quadrifoglio wrote:The saucers are ginkgo leaves and the cups are flowers. Unfortunately, I can't check the set for marks because it is packed away, but it was purchased from a seller in Japan.

I am doubtful that the set is by Yamane Seigan's or Hajiware. I looked at both and they appear to be pottery and rustic. The set on the other hand is porcelain and refined.
It was the colour of the glaze that reminded me of Seigan's work...they are beautiful cups :)