Iced coffee, what do you use and how do you make it? - Page 3

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#21: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

I have never tried chicory. I do not order from SM very often anymore, shipping is just too expensive, but next time I do, I may get a pound just to try out.

I am still making iced coffee almost every evening. I have espresso in the morning and during the day, iced coffee in the evening. I have also been making more singles, or single shot cappas. I have some 3 ounce cups that work perfectly, one ounce of espresso, one ounce heated milk and one ounce of microfoam. When a hot 6oz drink is just too much but you still want a little milk. The hard part is steaming 2 ounces of milk with a 6 liter boiler.

I still think the Rocket espresso makes the best iced drink. I get off flavors in most other blends.
Dave Stephens

terrakeramik

#22: Post by terrakeramik »

Just FYI - there is a current cross post about iced coffees on coffeed.

LeoZ

#23: Post by LeoZ »

surprised no one here cold brews.. i do it b/c it saves time more than anything.. lol

grind into a mason jar, let it sit in fridge until the next morning, strain into a dunkin donuts cup, add milk and sugar.. ready to rock!
starting with the espresso tends to be better.. but for a get up and drive drink in the morning, this is much more convenient.

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#24: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

I know of ice brewed coffee but have never tried it. I will have to make a French press one day and use cold water instead of hot and stow it in the chill chest overnight.
Dave Stephens

rasqual

#25: Post by rasqual »

Room temp works well too. I used to do sun tea; you can do moon coffee. :-P

Compass Coffee

#26: Post by Compass Coffee »

LeoZ wrote:starting with the espresso tends to be better.. but for a get up and drive drink in the morning, this is much more convenient.
Agree starting with espresso is better...but disagree starting with espresso is less convenient. Been making half gallon batches of espresso based chilled "road warrior" white chocolate mocha for over 5 years. Fits perfectly into 3 Sobe' bottles and since goes in warm creates a vacuum seal until opened. Refrigerated bottles good for a couple weeks easy with no staling. Once bottle opened, best if entire bottle consumed same day. Pretty convenient just grabbing an already made bottle out of the fridge!

Why compromise on taste with inferior tasting brewing methods? And if making a single iced coffee beverage or two or more what's so hard or time consuming about pulling double shots for them at a moments notice any time anyway? Pull double shot (or two double shots depending on size of beverage), mix flavor or sugar in espresso shot as desired, pour espresso over ice, top off with milk or half & half and gently stir, done to perfection. FWIW that's the precise way I've had them at some excellent cafes and precisely the way they'll be made in my cafe.
Mike McGinness