Commercial espresso machines in the home - Page 6

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?

Have you considered a commercial espresso machine for home use?

Yes
85%
No
14%
Other (explain)
1%

Total votes: 176

GC7

#51: Post by GC7 »

We are in the process of designing a new home on our property and part of that is a dream kitchen with the professional/commercial appliances we've craved for some time. I've included a separate 4 foot granite espresso counter with sink and cabinets in our design. I am currently very happy with my QM Anita but I can see the day when I will want to plumb in a machine and get something which can keep up with the demands of guests at a dinner party. However, I don't see myself requiring anything more then a Vivaldi DB or whatever is upgraded at the time I might be ready.

RandyR

#52: Post by RandyR »

pdx wrote:Its best to check with the manufacturer of the machine- for instance Synesso provides free pdf's covering operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
This is a good tip. If I decide to go the commercial route, I'll try to see if there is any documentation available for machines before I make a bid or an offer.
Thanks

Psyd

#53: Post by Psyd »

RandyR wrote:This is a good tip. If I decide to go the commercial route, I'll try to see if there is any documentation available for machines before I make a bid or an offer.
Having someone local that maintains or repairs the particular brand that you're looking at is invaluable. Having a source of parts that you can drive to is worth a coupla hundred bucks on a re-furb gig.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

Stuggi

#54: Post by Stuggi »

Well, since I'm looking at the A3 as my next machine, I must say I'm all for commercial machines in the home. But you do need the counter top space, and the mechanical ability to install and service these machines yourself, paying an espresso tech would get old and expensive very fast.
Sebastian "Stuggi" Storholm
LMWDP #136

CRCasey

#55: Post by CRCasey »

I have to say there is no point at all in having a machine as large as mine in the home.

The only reason I have the one I have here is because I got it dirt cheap. I have about $1200us in my machine and grinder combined. With that I have a HX that will kick just about any ass, and a grinder that may come from some *$ past, but is a full 83mm grinder.

I do not have a ton of money to spend on equipment. That is why I try and help others here that are on the rebuild path.

On the upside I have a beast that can serve a party, and with the setup I have around it could be mounted on a cart without any changes. Plumbed in and out.

What did you get for your $1500?

Never mind this is not a pissing contest, I would rather drink what I make. :shock:

The joy is in the drink, not in the equipment.
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244