Online espresso cost calculator - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Psyd

#11: Post by Psyd »

cannonfodder wrote:My 5 year old son and I are the only ones that drink coffee (espresso). Most think I am nuts, the wife knows I am.
...and she's right. No one in their right mind feeds espresso to a five year old.
The best sign I ever saw in a coffee shop was, "Children left unattended will be given a doppio and a puppy."
Either that, or, "a $2.00 surcharge will be added to customers ordering while speaking on a cellphone", but that one wasn't relevant...
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

cannonfodder
Team HB

#12: Post by cannonfodder »

Barry started his daughter on espresso somewhere around two if I remember correctly.

He is just a championship Barista in training. He can roast pretty good and work the espresso machine although steaming is a bit too dangerous for him. The 200F portafilter is too hot for his hands, but if I tamp and load, he can pull the shot. :D
Dave Stephens

Psyd

#13: Post by Psyd »

cannonfodder wrote:Barry started his daughter on espresso somewhere around two if I remember correctly.
Cheers! In just a few years, you can get him up with a call of, "If you don't get up, you won't be able to catch the bus and still get me my doppio!" ; >

I think that the discussion that exposed me to the aforementioned sign quote originated around Barry's lil Maddie (is it Maddie?) and her fondness for espresso...
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

espressme

#14: Post by espressme »

Hi Folks,
If I really added up all the money in machines and beans, I should break even (and have no worries) about the time my kids are selling off the stuff at an estate sale.:lol:

For me the priceless benefit of coffee is folks like yourselves who have been and are teaching me new thought patterns and skills.
I have some sensitivities to many common foods and liquids. So the money I spend is less of a %chunk than if I still did many of the things I can no longer enjoy.

I shoot AM ristrettos from an alternative of different machines and then may use an electric moka pot to make my daily travel lattes. Weekend shots are when I feel like it. ( small kettles / boilers are nice for a quickie) I have a pump machine and grinder in the studio at my part time job. My guests take "pot Luck" and really it is.:) Many now complain about restaurant coffee.
Thanks for the ideas and skills
Sincerely
Richard / espressme
richard penney LMWDP #090,